Summer is HERE, let’s help our kids memorize Scripture. Read on to see all that’s happening around EPC in June, meet EPC’s newest member and make sure to RSVP and get info for specific upcoming events.
Children’s Ministry Newsletter- June
Summer is officially here, and with school about to break, vacations and times of refreshment soon approaching, there isn’t a better time to begin thinking about goals for these next few months. Take time during these slower months to help your children store up God’s Word in their heart. Get creative to help you and your children learn the art and joy of Scripture memorization. 10 MEMORY VERSES FOR CHILDREN
1. “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill can not be hidden.” – Matthew 5:14
2. “Do all things without grumbling or disputing” – Philippians 2:14
3. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.” – Proverbs 3:5-6
4. “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.” – Ephesians 6:1
5. “Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.” – Psalm 19:14
6. “For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.” – 1 John 5:3
7. “I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.” – Psalm 119:11
8. “But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” – Romans 5:8
9. “Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.” – Ephesians 4:32
10. “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God” – Ephesians 2:8
How long have you volunteered with CM?
I’ve been volunteering with CM for 3 years now. I started out teaching the 4-5 year olds but now I teach the toddlers and it’s definitely been a learning experience!
Why do you like serving with Children’s Ministry?
I think it’s beautiful to see the love that is poured into the kids, and the hope and faith in God that they grow up immersed in. When I was their age I had never heard of Jesus or God. I also love slowly building friendships with the little ones and watching them grow from 2-year-old tantrum machines to little people with opinions to share and hearts that care for the younger kids.
Outside of volunteering, what are you passionate about or what occupies your time?
I really love math, especially playing around with math puzzles or teaching math. I also enjoy singing and playing the piano. As a PhD student nearing the end of my degree, though, most of my time is spent on my research.
What’s your favorite insider NYC tip or favorite place in the city to take visitors?
Pro-tip: you don’t have to break the bank to see Broadway shows (ask me if you want details)! My favorite place to take visitors is on a stroll down the High Line to dinner at Chelsea market.
Irene, it is a joy to watch you week after week take such tender care with our youngest (and most spirited) EPC members as they grow in grace. You are careful and wise in how you teach and play with them, full of love and compassion. From all of us parents of littles– Thank you!
June 17th 8-10PM
Leave the kiddos at home and join us for a Ladies Night Out! Saturday June 17th from 8-10pm all EPC gals are invited to join in the fun.
Location: 517 West 121st Street (New Residence Hall TV Lounge/Outdoor Patio)
Join us as we welcome all the new Communicants to the Lord’s Table. *Note to parents of older children…there will be no Sunday School for Middle and Older Elementary students, as we want them in service to watch their friends on this special day.
As in intregal part of the transition plan for EPC we are currently recruiting for this new position. Please feel free to share this job description with anyone in the city that you think may fit the bill and also be PRAYING that God will send the right person to come serve our church in this capacity.
Follow Along With Your Child’s Curriculum In Sunday School
We are currently in SUMMER 2017, so print it out, refer to it often and stay on track with the lesson plans from home. Each quarter is 13 weeks- lesson #1 = week 1 of the quarter.
Here are the dates for the next year 2017-18
Summer: 6/4- 8/27
Winter: 12/3- 2/25