July will be a quieter month around CM. School is out, families are traveling but regardless each Sunday we’ll gather our children to teach them the truths of the gospel and hopefully throughout the week you can meet up with other families for fun and fellowship.
Children’s Ministry Newsletter- July
Grace Based Parenting
Parent your kids the way God parents you.
• Grace knows the difference between punishment and discipline. Punishment is about retribution while discipline seeks to restore.
• Grace doesn’t focus its attention on what is wrong with a child.
• Grace doesn’t measure a child’s value according to how well they adhere to a list of moral and spiritual laws.
• Grace does not revert to condemnation, traffic in guilt, or leverage with shame.
• Grace sees children according to what they can be rather than what they can do. * Concepts taken from the book Grace Based Parenting by Dr Tim Kimmel.
1) How long have you volunteered with CM?
I have been volunteering for 9 years now. I’ve been with the pre-K and middle elementary classes the entire time.
2) Why do you like serving with Children’s Ministry? I find great joy in seeing the children of our church grow in their faith- in their love for God and His Word, and for one another. It is a special privilege to see so many of them participate in the Lord’s Supper as they grasp the Christian faith for themselves.
3) Outside of volunteering, what are you passionate about or what occupies your time?
I spend most of my free time chasing our daughter Debbie around as she races around the city on her scooter. I also like to reorganize my stacks of unread books around our apartment.
4) What’s your favorite insider NYC tip or favorite place in the city to take visitors? The Strand, just south of Union Square.
Ajin, thank you for your always being willing to step in and teach or help out in any way you can. Nothing frazzles you and you are the definition of consistency and composure. You go the extra mile for all of us at EPC, whether serving us as an Elder, leading the missions committee or teaching the Middle Elementary. For all you do that is seen and unseen…THANK YOU!
Glimpses of June
Celebrating and prayerfully sending off Charlie and Jeannie.
Praying for the new communicants
Thankful for our volunteers that make Sunday School age appropriate for all our kids
These kiddos are getting so big!
Follow Along With Your Child’s Curriculum In Sunday School
We are currently in SUMMER 2017, so print it out, refer to it often and stay on track with the lesson plans from home. Each quarter is 13 weeks- lesson #1 = week 1 of the quarter.
Here are the dates for the next year 2017-18
Summer: 6/4- 8/27
Winter: 12/3- 2/25